The wind blows wind through the trees and a lone apple falls to the ground. The apple is sliced into chunks and thrown into a mixing bowl with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Then it’s tossed with oatmeal, whole wheat flour, honey, and vanilla extract. To top it off, oats are sprinkled over the top before baking in the oven for about 45 minutes. Wouldn’t mind this for a first day of school treat! Apple Crisp is a traditional, fall recipe. I’ve tweaked the recipe to include chopped toasted pecans, for extra delicious texture. This dish is rich with sugar which makes it perfect for caramel taste. Since the apples cook down during baking time, be sure to pile it pretty high on your dish. Air fried Apple Crisp tastes just as good as baked!
The Best Apple Crisp Recipe
Table of Contents
The Apple Crisp Recipe is a traditional dessert that is usually served warm with ice cream. It has a crunchy topping and tender apples. This recipe makes about 9 servings and involves baking the crisp for 40 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a Bowl Mix well together all the fresh apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and apple sauce. Add the egg mixture to the apple mixture and stir well to combine. Pour into a deep pie pan or baking dish. You’ll need:
- 8 to 10 apples
- 1 cup of brown sugar,
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of butter
- Brown sugar for topping
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F ( 176°C). Peel and chop (or shred) the apples.
Steps to Prepare the Best Apple Crisp Recipe
There are many Apple Crisp Recipes available on the internet. A good recipe should combine fresh, tart apples with a dusting of flour and sugar. That’s where we stand ourselves apart. The Best Apple Crisp Recipe Works in this way, We’ll bake our crisp in a dish (like a pie) and add spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to the mix. Plus, we’ll add a layer of brown sugar and butter to create a crackly top. It’s the best apple crisp recipe we’ve found! Start by assembling your ingredients.
- Place them in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and nut meg.
- Mix well and set aside. In another bowl, combine the flour and butter. With a fork, cut in the butter until it looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the apple mixture in a 9×13-inch baking dish, and sprinkle the butter/flour topping over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender, and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice
- One of the great things about this recipe is that it is easy to use your kids as an ingredients. For instance, you can ask your child to help arrange the apples on the plate before you used cook them. This approach will ensure that they feel like they had an integral role in making batter and assembling the dish.
- Consider using all tart apples because they’ll hold their shape better when cooked. Believe it or not, the secret to juicy and flavorful apple is in peeling and coring them before cooking them so that sugary goodness can seep out and caramelize on the pan.
- The Organic Cane Sugar Works More Better instead of flour for a healthier alternative.
- The fruit mixture needs to be prepared in advance. It needs to be waiting, cut up and ready to go because it should be added raw after the crisp is mixed. The other topping options use melted butter or oil which should also be soft or melted.
Apple crisp is a classic dessert that’s not too difficult to make, but there are many variations to it. You can use Fresh fruits, such as peaches, pears, blackberries or cherries. Other spices you can try adding include nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger for a unique flavor. You can add oats or flour to the topping as per your own choice for a crunchier texture. Try using a different topping if you’re bored with the traditional crisp topping and also try changing out the fruit when making apple crisp.
The apple crisp recipe I have shared is very easy to make with a few basic ingredients. It’s an old-fashioned dessert that’s the perfect way to use up some leftover apples. I hope you enjoy it!